Security from Germany for people worldwide.
We are an innovative German company that was founded in 2019 out of the LAHNER Academy.
We develop and produce specialized ballistic protection solutions with unique features.
Our training department trains Law Enforcement units, security personnel and military worldwide in tactical operational concepts for absolute close range.
Since March 2022, our production headquarters for ballistic materials and protection solutions has been located in Hallbergmoos near Munich, our development, research and special production taking place at Fürth close to Nuremberg.
Our vision is simple but ambitious: LAHNER positions itself as a globally innovative company for specialized ballistic protection solutions with unique support and services.
As a European but also globally recognized company, we offer tailor-made solutions and state-of-the-art training.
We pursue this claim through state-of-the-art technologies and the pursuit of perfection – we never compromise on the quality of our products.
- Customized product solutions instead of standard goods.
- Development, service and support of specialized ballistic protection solutions with unique properties.
- Design and manufacture of special products for the integration of electronics in textile environments.
- Services to meet even the highest demands.
- Training in tactical deployment concepts with a focus on the absolute close range, adapted to the respective requirements of the customer.
From our experience in training and working with Law Enforce Units, military and security forces around the world, we are constantly developing new products to increase user safety and effectiveness.
In recent years, we have increasingly focused on taking ballistic protection solutions to the next level. We have developed groundbreaking products in this area.
In the area of special production, we process customer requests, which we realize as a team together with our customers.
Here we carry out orders as a manufacturing company in the automotive, textiles, bags, cases, rucksacks and escort sectors.
We modify existing models, build from scratch, implement electronics, communication and protection.
Rainer Kandler was born in Burglengenfeld in 1963. After graduating from high school, he served in the German Air Force for 9 years. After studying business administration at the University of the German Armed Forces in Munich, he worked as an intelligence officer in the air force. In 1993, he joined ESG Elekroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbH as a sales and contract manager for military and civilian products and services. In 2002, he was appointed Managing Director of the project company SPELCO. In spring 2012, he joined ATASS as Managing Director. When ATASS joined LAHNER, he also became Managing Director of LAHNER from January 2023.
Function: Commercial Managing Director
Area of responsibility:
- Sales and marketing
- Human resources
- Business administration
- Responsible for export control in the company
Further qualifications and licenses:
- PATRIOT fire control officer
- Intelligence officer of the German Air Force
- Degree in business administration
- Controller diploma from Controller Akademie AG
- Legal training in export control
- Reservist at the Air Force Officer School in Fürstenfeldbruck, Germany
- Military rank: Lieutenant Colonel
Florian Lahner was born in Fürth in 1974. After training as a paramedic, he studied medicine and worked in emergency medicine and emergency medical training. He has been training martial arts, self-defense and operational techniques for 40 years. As a tactical instructor, he has been training military, police and special forces around the world for over 15 years. In 2019, he founded LAHNER Group GmbH and since that time he is the Managing Director.
Function: Technical Managing Director
Areas of responsibility:
- Development of protective, operational and special products
- Training manager
He holds various qualifications and certifications in tactical areas as well as close combat and martial arts (excerpt):
- Anti-Terrorism Officer (S2)
- Terrorism Related Risk Management
- Bomb Threat Management
- Kidnapping in Terrorist Environment
- Crisis Management/ Crisis Negotiation
- Advanced Officer Survival
- 3rd Degree Blackbelt Combative Tactical Systems
- 2nd Degree Blackbelt Combat Arnis
- 3rd Degree Blackbelt CSSD/SC
- Black Belt in Defensive Tactical System 2nd Dan Ju-Jutsu
- Master within the WHFSC
- Instructor Valencia System
- Affiliate MBC
- Edged Weapon Expert
Honors and awards (excerpt):
- World Head of Family Sokeship Council, Hall of Fame Award
- Tactical Instructor of the Year 2005 – Tactical Knife – CQC
- Tactical Instructor of the Year 2006 – CQC Tactics and Training
- Tactical Instructor of the Year 2008 – CQC Edged Tool – Projectile Tool
- Tactical Instructor of the Year 2009 – CQC Edged Tool – Projectile Tool
- Blackbelt International HALL OF HONOR & SPIRITS- 2008
- Instructor of the Year Award 2008 – “Tactical Instructor”
- Continued Excellence in the Martial Arts 2009
- International Instructor of the Year 2010
- Weapon Instructor of the Year- 2011
- Law Enforcement Instructor of the Year – 2012
- Weapon Instructor of the Year 2015
- Martial Hero Awards – Senior Master of the Year 2018
- Munich Hall of Honor, 2019: Tactical Police Instructor of the Year
- London Hall of Fame, 2019: Master of the Year
Thomas Zöllinger was born in Munich in 1989. After finishing school (secondary school leaving certificate), he successfully completed his training as a glazier in 2009. From 2011, he worked as a skilled worker at GL- Special glazing. Here, Mr. Zöllinger underwent extensive further training and thus acquired further qualifications – bonding practitioner (EAB) / bonding specialist (EAS), in order to remain at the cutting edge of technology in the field of bonding in accordance with DIN 6701. He also gained in-depth experience in employee management and shift management. Since March 2023, Mr. Zöllinger has been working as Production Manager at LAHNER Group GmbH.
Function: Production Manager
Area of responsibility:
- Management of production
- Quality assurance
- Planning the deployment of personnel, machines and materials
- Execution of production in compliance with deadlines and economic specifications
- Interface for the development and implementation of these specifications in production
Eileen Jelitko was born in Schongau in 1988. After completing her secondary school leaving certificate, she successfully completed her training as a sports and fitness management assistant in 2011. She expanded her office skills at e.on Bayern AG until summer 2012. Due to her father’s skydiving school, she spent most of her childhood at skydiving sites, where she learned about the organization and processes of everyday skydiving. She has been working as a marketing and sales assistant at ATASS GmbH since July 2012 and is now also taking on this role at LAHNER.
Activity: Marketing and sales assistant
Area of responsibility:
- Trade fair planning Booking the exhibition space Designing the exhibition space On-site stand support
- Advertising material Comparing offers Designing advertising material Ordering advertising material Stock management
- Parts identification database Creating new company TKZs Maintaining the database
- Dispatch of goods/support in production
- Support and representation of the reception and team assistant
Melanie Schmid was born in Munich in 1984. After graduating from secondary school, she successfully completed an apprenticeship as a retail saleswoman. She worked in this profession for many years, most recently at Munich Airport.
Melanie has been part of our team since May 2022.
Occupation: Receptionist and team assistant
Sales and project-specific tasks:
- Assisting with the preparation of offers
- Maintaining the company address and contact database
- Assisting with the implementation of projects
- Reception of our customers
- Taking over the central telephone desk Preparing, editing and updating reports and presentations
- Maintenance of the invoice receipt book
- Preparation of payment orders
- Preparation of outgoing invoices